Your personal data and privacy at our midwifery practice
Privacy is of high importance in health care services. Midwifery Practice Breedstraat protects the personal data you share with us. We adhere to privacy laws and regulations and take great care in using your personal data.
At our midwifery practice we use different kinds of personal data. This is necessary in order to provide you with the best possible care and is required for processing payments for your care with us. In addition, there may be a legal requirement to collect and process personal data.
By adhering to the GDPR, Midwifery Practice Breedstraat takes responsibility for the use of personal data within the practice. The obligations which result from this are as follows:
- We use personal data with the aim of providing good care. We use this information on the basis of the care agreement according to the WGBO;
- We use personal data in aid of scientific research;
- We only use data which is meant for purpose. So only the required personal data is requested;
- We only share personal data with third parties if required to ensure best possible care. If special permission is needed, we will contact you;
- We ensure that personal data is protected against unauthorized access. If data has been compromised due to a security fault, we will inform you as soon as possible;
- We comply with the statutory retention periods. The WGBO requires us to store your data for 15 years, unless longer storage is deemed necessary;
- All employees of Midwifery Practice Breedstraat are obliged to treat your personal data with confidentiality.
The above also applies to data received from third parties.
Your rights as our client
According to the GDPR our clients have the following rights:
- The right to be informed how your personal data is being used;
- The right to view and receive copies of this data (unless this infringes on the data protection rights of another);
- The right to amend or add to your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data destroyed. Please note this may affect the quality of care we provide to you. We may only comply with your request if no lawful requirement exists for retaining your personal data;
- The right to withdraw previous permissions. Please note this may affect the quality of care we provide to you. The right to restrict usage of data in certain cases. We save the data, but do not use it;
- The right to transfer data. You are then entitled to a copy of the file. We are obliged to keep the original file.
Should you wish to make use of one of these rights, we ask you to do this in writing by sending an email to email@example.com
Birth announcement card
We would love for you to send us a birth announcement card so that we may put it up in our waiting room. By sending us the card you consent to us to displaying it. If you would rather not have it displayed, please let us know.
Question or complaint
Do you have a question or a complaint? For example, with whom we share data or how we handle your medical records? Feel free to contact us.